Sunday, January 9, 2011

One Little Word 2011

It's a new year and I can't be more glad.  2010 wasn't a great year around here.  It wasn't bad really, nothing horrible happened but it wasn't great.  I want us to look back at our lives and remember things being great, not remember how we just got by.

I struggle with wanting to be perfect.  I want it done right and I want it done now.  If I can't get it just so, then I just don't do it at all.  This bury your head in the sand mentality has lead my whole family to a bit of a stagnant existence.

We are busy, we are always moving, but we are always reacting, not living with intention.  I finally had a realization at some point in December that we can't change everything at once, but until we start making changes nothing will be as we want it.  As such, my One Little Word for 2011 is Intentional.


Definition of INTENTIONAL

1
: done by intention or design : intended <intentional damage>

My first step in setting our family up for success is getting organized.  As a working mom with 2 young children I've spent years doing everything myself because it was easier.  It also hasn't taught my kids how to clean up after themselves or how to help us out.  This won't be an easy change, but I think we will all be better for it.  Won't you join us?


No comments: